How can i clean up my laptop without loosing windows?

TechniclSupport

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hi!

I am a coder also a photoshop user. I work on about 50 projects a day and i have a ton of softwares and files. My computer started getting slower because of my memory. is it possible to format the while PC or delete all the files i have without deleting windows?

Thanks!

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
If you format the C: drive you will lose your Windows installation.

If you do this you should make sure that you have all the drivers you will need on hand in order to get your system running.

And a Working Windows installation disk of course.

Of course, you may be able to restore your machine to factory setting by pressing F11 (usually) or something at boot-up in order to start the recovery process.

This will return your drivers and operating system to the state they were in when you first got the computer.

You'll also have the rubbish they included as well.

But this is the closest thing you'll get to a 'format while retaining the Windows installation and drivers for your system'.

TechniclSupport

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

I have no idea why but i tried to make a copy of windows as any computer or laptop can do. I believe you can do it only once. I have never done it before and the option to take a copy of my windows 7 is blocked :/

TechniclSupport

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

I think to restore it to factory settings you need to have a copy of windows 7 which i dont have. But i tried doing that and I believe it is a good idea too.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Not necessarily.

What is the name and model of your PC?

TechniclSupport

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I found the option "Restore your computer or reinstall windows" and apparently it formats the computer to factory settings. If anyone knows about this option, Can you restore the computer to factory settings more than once?

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Yes, absolutely.