Question How can I connect 50 or more computers to a main PC/Server?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Silicon Power

Reputable
Apr 11, 2017
We out here do not have enough information to determine that.

AS said above, you really need to be working a good local networking consultant.
Why? I explained everything about this system, but I think I need to create a new thread only for switches to get help and more information about this kind of devices. I already spend more than 30.000$ have no more money to buy a wrong device. Sorry for many questions I asked just need to make sure everything going to works fine.

kanewolf

Titan
Why? I explained everything about this system, but I think I need to create a new thread only for switches to get help and more information about this kind of devices. I already spend more than 30.000$ have no more money to buy a wrong device. Sorry for many question I asked just need to make sure everything going to works fine.
Asking for information in a forum from "random" people is not the way to ensure you succeed, after you have spent $30K. Knowing when you need on-site help is an important lesson. I agree that this is a time for an on-site assist.

Reactions: Silicon Power

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Why? I explained everything about this system, but I think I need to create a new thread only for switches to get help and more information about this kind of devices. I already spend more than 30.000$ have no more money to buy a wrong device. Sorry for many questions I asked just need to make sure everything going to works fine.
For one....

In answer to the question:
"The overall network, where all these systems are (same country, same city, same room?)"

Answer:
"Not same city but same country. All systems are in same room. "
So 50 people, in the same room? Still not sure.

$30,000 spent so far?
On what? The whole system needed to be specced out before the first penny was spent.
$1-2k of that should have been spent upfront, on a consultant.

Silicon Power

Reputable
Apr 11, 2017
For one....

In answer to the question:
"The overall network, where all these systems are (same country, same city, same room?)"

Answer:
"Not same city but same country. All systems are in same room. "
So 50 people, in the same room? Still not sure.

$30,000 spent so far?
On what? The whole system needed to be specced out before the first penny was spent.
$1-2k of that should have been spent upfront, on a consultant.
No they just going to connect with remote desktop app to these servers. All PCs are in the same room but we all connect from other cities (With remote desktop apps)

About money I spend it was for everything (Including the purchase of servers, rent a place, all software licenses we needed a lot more other stuffs like ipisoft licence/3dmax/and more ...)

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
No they just going to connect with remote desktop app to these servers. All PCs are in the same room but we all connect from other cities (With remote desktop apps)

About money I spend it was for everything (Including the purchase of servers, rent a place, all software licenses we needed a lot more other stuffs like ipisoft licence/3dmax/and more ...)
And that connection type was never (sort of) clear until now. Still not, but closer.

So, remote users, each connecting to 1 of 50 PCs, and each of these PCs is connected to the main server. Something like that?
So in truth, we have 100+ systems.

A server or two, and 50 client systems, in the same room.
Then, another 50 systems scattered around the country, with humans sitting at them, doing things.

This right here is why doing this type of design is near impossible in a forum such as this.

Silicon Power

Reputable
Apr 11, 2017
And that connection type was never (sort of) clear until now. Still not, but closer.

So, remote users, each connecting to 1 of 50 PCs, and each of these PCs is connected to the main server. Something like that?
So in truth, we have 100+ systems.

A server or two, and 50 client systems, in the same room.
Then, another 50 systems scattered around the country, with humans sitting at them, doing things.

This right here is why doing this type of design is near impossible in a forum such as this.
Correct. Each 8 servers use an Internet connection with speed of 1Gbits. Like below pic.

Why you think it is near impossible? I get a lot of useful information here, thank you all for your help :)

Last edited:

Silicon Power

Reputable
Apr 11, 2017
No, I meant it is near impossible to pull together a coherent design in a back and forth forum like this.

First it was 50 PCs connecting to a single server.
Now, 8 servers?
No, 8 servers for each internet cable (2 core fiber internet connection with speed of 1Gb - about 100 Mb of speed for each server) Then I connect all of them to a Main Server/Main PC with 48 ports switche.

That's mean I need 6 internet connections with speed of 1Gb.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS