how can i deactivate keyboard backlight?

giogiogio

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Hi everybody, i have an acer aspire v nitro and i'd like to completely turn off the backlight on the keyboard (it should always stay turned off, even when i turn on the pc after sleep mode). I looked everywhere on the internet, but it seems like no one knows the answer to my question. I even tried looking in the registry keys, but the only settings that were keyboard-related didn't mention the backlighting.

Thanks in advance and forgive me if i made any errors, english is not my first language.

Solution
The only way would be to remove a cable, which one, I've no idea - but it sounds like you do. Hopefully it only controls the backlight (I can't fathom anything else it could control, but you never know.

You'd be fine just leaving it hanging - it won't cause any damage to anything else.

I certainly wouldn't recommend cutting the wire or anything as drastic - simply for future resale. I would imagine you're in the minority regarding your backlit preferences - it's pretty popular all-in-all.

giogiogio

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
I already knew that, my problem is that i want the backlight to always stay off, without having to press the keys.
Anyway, i've read that one guy just disconnected a cable from the motherboard, and he solved his problem. If the backlighting is controlled this way, does it mean i can't do anything via software (or altering the register)? Also, if i disconnect the cable (i don't know how to describe it, it's thin and it connects the keyboard to the motherboard), can i leave it there, sure that it won't cause any problem?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The only way would be to remove a cable, which one, I've no idea - but it sounds like you do. Hopefully it only controls the backlight (I can't fathom anything else it could control, but you never know.

You'd be fine just leaving it hanging - it won't cause any damage to anything else.

I certainly wouldn't recommend cutting the wire or anything as drastic - simply for future resale. I would imagine you're in the minority regarding your backlit preferences - it's pretty popular all-in-all.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS