Question How can I delete duplicate share names for same folder on home network?

Aug 22, 2022
A while back I created 2 different share names for the same shared folder so that I could give different permissions to different users on my home network. Now I want to delete those duplicate shared folders. Can't figure out how to delete those two and only keep the original folder showing on my computer in the network. Can someone please help me figure this out? Thanks

Aug 22, 2022
Thanks for the response. My problem is I can not figure out the specific steps to delete the duplicate folders.

These folders are only visible in Network
I cannot see the duplicate files when I open file explorer
I tried unsuccessfully to delete the folders in file explorer
/network but was unable to do so

Can you provide step by step instructions to delete the folders?

One more question: If I understand correctly, you have one physical folder on your PC (let say, "C:\SharedFolder"), but you have two shares on that folder, "\\mypc\sharedfolder1" and "\\mypc\sharedfolder2". These shares point to same folder, but with different permissions.

So, if you want to delete just a share name \\mypc\sharedfolder2:
Start | Run | compmgmt.msc
From there - under "System Tools", expand "Shared Folders", then "Shares", in the right pane right-click on "SharedFolder2", and click on "Stop sharing".

Aug 22, 2022
Thanks for that last suggestion - that worked

I also stumbled on another method that Unshared one of the target folders
Went to File Explorer/Network
Opened my computer name and right clicked on one of the "i want to remove" folders
went to properties/sharing
clicked on "Advanced Sharing"
found a box that said "share" with a check mark by "share"
unchecked the box and the folder disappeared from "network" for the target computer
I feel like such a dummy for making this so much harder than it should have been.

Thanks to everyone for your help.