[SOLVED] How can I delete missing files that occupy storage?

Oct 18, 2019
Hey, I got some files(30 gb) from my friend who I took my external hard drive to; When I plugged my hard drive in my own pc, it showed that 30 gigabytes were occupied but the files were hidden or missing or whatever you call it.
So I did a research and turns out that I had to recover those files butttt one thing tho; I used "minitool power data recovery" and I recovered those files into like my "C" drive but when I delete them, it's still occupied my storage and I still can recover that file again from the recovery app.
I would really appreciate if someone could just tell me how to get rid of these files and free up space.

Solution
Hey, I got some files(30 gb) from my friend who I took my external hard drive to; When I plugged my hard drive in my own pc, it showed that 30 gigabytes were occupied but the files were hidden or missing or whatever you call it.
So I did a research and turns out that I had to recover those files butttt one thing tho; I used "minitool power data recovery" and I recovered those files into like my "C" drive but when I delete them, it's still occupied my storage and I still can recover that file again from the recovery app.
I would really appreciate if someone could just tell me how to get rid of these files and free up space.

It's possible those files were deleted on his computer but were only moved to the trash bin, never...

It's possible those files were deleted on his computer but were only moved to the trash bin, never permanently deleted. Try plugging the drive back into his computer and see if the recycle bin has the files still, if so delete them.

When anyone clicks "delete" it only moves the file's master index location but doesn't mark that physical data location as re-writtable yet until you permanently delete that file in the trash bin too.

If that doesn't work (since you tried messing around with it on your computer) try using CCleaner and use the, 'wipe free space' feature. It makes sure all the sectors of the drive marked as free space turn into 0's. (data is written as 1's and 0's, 0 means nothing).

Solution