How can I delete old boot files from my D Drive when there is no boot partition?

Feb 27, 2018
So I installed Windows 10 on my PC about 4 months ago, I only realised when i tried to replace my D: drive (HDD) that i could no longer boot into Windows. I cannot boot Windows from the C: Drive (SSD) that it is on.

In disk management none of the drives have a boot or system reserved partition. However when I launch the file explorer and enter the path "D:/boot" it brings up a bunch of hidden boot files that would not usually be visible even with the "show hidden items" box ticked.

I am willing to do a reinstall of Windows with only my C drive connected, but what i want to know is how i can fully delete these boot files or if there is an easier way of doing this without having to reinstall my OS. Thank you

Solution
If you want to get rid of the extra files on D, quickest way is to open disk manager and just delete all the partitions on the drive, create a new one and format it. Just make sure anything you need copied from the drive is saved somewhere.
If you want to get rid of the extra files on D, quickest way is to open disk manager and just delete all the partitions on the drive, create a new one and format it. Just make sure anything you need copied from the drive is saved somewhere.

Solution