Question How can i delete Windows driver update?

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hi,
I have a problem with my PC and i think a software issue is causing it.
MY mouse sensitivity randomly changes sometimes. I tried multiple mouses, reinstalled windows and the problem still exists. I've noticed that when i reinstall windows it installs a
" driver updates " :
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Mouse - 2/13/2019 12:00:00:AM - 1.0.9.0

this thing.
I do NOT have any asus mouse. I have a logitech g502.
I want, but since it is a " driver update" it is not visible if i go to uninstall programs features, or to uninstall updates.
The question is how can i wipe this thing forever from my PC?

Thx

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
i dont have a trackpad, its a PC.. in device manager i only have: HID compliant mouse x2: location: on USB input , location2: on logitech gaming virtual mouse , and both are my g502 i think...

I don't really understand what is causing this issue, but its really frustrating.
Btw my specs:
- win10 pro x64
-acer predator xb271hu 144hz 1440p
-asus strix 1080ti
i7 4790k-4,4ghzt 1,27 V
- asus z97-k motherboard
-rog strix flare keyboard
fsp hydrog 750w
and 2x 8gb 1866 ram
i tested every part of my system for a week now... RMA'd mouse, ran 3 type of stress tests, ran memory diagnostics, reinstalled windows, multiple nvidia drivers, and my mouse still behaves weirdly....
please tell me if u have any slight idea what could be going on

D

Deleted member 14196

Try it with a different mouse and see if it works if you have the same problem with the different mouse than your motherboard has an issue. Also how are you installing the drivers are you using some utility that installs drivers? Because that’s the quickest way to screw windows up royally

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Nope, i just installed windows 10 and downloaded newest chipset, nvidia and logitech gaming software... i tried it with 2x different mouse already :/ but i dont see how can it be my motherboard, everything else seems to work perfectly fine

D

Deleted member 14196

What process did you use to install windows? Where did you get windows from? What is a logitech virtual mouse? See you come here with all these problems but none of us have any idea of what you’ve done to get there

I recommend following a windows clean install as outlined by Tom’s guides. If it isn’t windows or driver related then it’s a hardware issue so by installing clean if you still have the same problem then you know it’s a hardware issue

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
What process did you use to install windows? Where did you get windows from? What is a logitech virtual mouse? See you come here with all these problems but none of us have any idea of what you’ve done to get there

I recommend following a windows clean install as outlined by Tom’s guides. If it isn’t windows or driver related then it’s a hardware issue so by installing clean if you still have the same problem then you know it’s a hardware issue
i have a lycensed win 10 pro for years, and i downloaded official " media creation tool" and installed windows 10.... i don't know what is a logitech virtual mouse, but its what my device manager says :D

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you ever used 3rd party driver updating programs as they can install the wrong drivers and might explain why windows updating trying to install an Asus mouse driver.

it is possible its part of rog armoury (software for keyboard) as many keyboards do have a virtual mouse function, though I can't prove the driver is for that feature. A new version of it was released last month (My G910 has a Logitech Gaming Virtual mouse function, I know its not my mouse as I have a steelseries)

if you had windows 10 Pro you can use gpedit to stop it updating specific drivers, otherwise you need to use the registry to stop driver updates on win 10 home - https://www.groovypost.com/howto/disable-automatic-hardware-driver-updates-on-windows-10/ - if you do use registry, make sure to back it up 1st - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/backup-and-restore-registry-windows