How can I determine if my GPU is not working.

aozee456

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
When I plug the HDMI to the Graphics card, it gives me a No Signal.
Last night I replaced my motherboard and still no luck. Re-installed Windows 10, connected HDMI to on-board graphics (Intel HD 530) while GPU (Rx 480) was still connected to motherboard, and managed to update Radeon drivers, went to BIOS and changes the settings so the Pci 1 slots would be the first choice when choosing display output.. Then connected again HDMI to GPU and it worked. But, just until this morning. When I boot my PC it gives me again the no signal, only when connected through the GPU. Tried to do the same as yesterday but, now it doesn't give me signal when I try to connect via the Motherboard HDMi while the RX is still attached to the motherboard (it gives me a no signal after Windows is starting) So I have to take out the gpu completly.
So what do you think I should do? Is it the GPU thats gone bad? Or is it a software problem.
My specs:
I5 6600k with 212 Evo
RX 480 MSI Armor
600w Evga bronze
Gigabyte z170 XP SLI
Adata 120 GB SSD
Corsair Case

Lutfij

Titan
Can you get into BIOS without much fuss? If so you will need to make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date. It might also help if you can remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and replace it after 15 minutes and see if you can make any progress boot wise.

Can you please pass on the make and model of your PSU as well as the case? You may need to breadboard the system and see if the system boots when out of case.

One other suggestion could be to use the GPU on a lower PCI-e slot and see if any progress is made.

aozee456

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
PSU is Evga 80 Plus Bronze 600 Watt. And case its gonna be
Corsair Carbide 100 R.
And yeah I'll try that. Even though the fans of the gpu start spinning as if it was working, so I dont think it would be a PSU issue. I think it's the GPU. Just want to make sure before buying a new one.