[SOLVED] How can I disable ftmp while still using Windows 11? (AMD - ASUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Due to a known issue with AMD chips running on ftpm (I have had said stutters namely on Audio too) I decided to disable ftpm,
I just wonder how to do so without the option re-enabling itself (because I tried to switch from firmware to discrete to disable it and bios automatically re enabled it after saving and exiting)
Motherboard: Asus Prime x470 Pro

Recommendation of AMD is to disable ftpm until bios updates are released to ensure stability.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
it only stays on discrete if you have the actual chip

Seems the only way to do it is to buy the chip - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-issues-fix-and-workaround-for-ftpm-stuttering-issues

Are you actually getting any effects? I am just waiting until May for the fix instead of pay for an extra chip I don't need after then.

Have you tried changing the power plan Nvidia GPU is running as it reduced 1 stutter I had with audio
right click desktop
choose show more options
choose Nvidia control panel
choose Manage 3d settings
scroll to bottom and next to Power Management Mode, pick Prefer maximum performance
click apply

Colif

Win 11 Master

Seems the only way to do it is to buy the chip - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-issues-fix-and-workaround-for-ftpm-stuttering-issues

Are you actually getting any effects? I am just waiting until May for the fix instead of pay for an extra chip I don't need after then.

Have you tried changing the power plan Nvidia GPU is running as it reduced 1 stutter I had with audio
right click desktop
choose show more options
scroll to bottom and next to Power Management Mode, pick Prefer maximum performance
click apply

Last edited:
Solution

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014

right click desktop
choose show more options
click apply

Hi, I experience audio stuttering every now and then on my setup, I had no issues prior to December when I last used my PC.
Happens in both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
I am unsure when to expect the latest update but I guess trying to format again back to windows 10 would be pointless?
I already have the recommended nvidia option selected without change.

Status
Not open for further replies.