[SOLVED] how can I disable overclock in asus bios?

nuovagrafica

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
hello I have a motherboard asus p8Z68 v - pro gen III
I wish to disable the overclock what bios setting do you suggest? can you show me please a screenshot with all settings for disable it?
I have an issue because my intel cpu core i-7 is 3500 mhz but it works in overclock to 3900 mhz and the cpu's temperature is 98 degree C (220 degree F)
thank you

Solution
I have an issue because my intel cpu core i-7 is 3500 mhz but it works in overclock to 3900 mhz and the cpu's temperature is 98 degree C (220 degree F)
If the cpu we are talking here is i7-2700k, then base clock is 3500mhz and turbo clock is 3900mhz.
That is not overclocking. CPU is designed to work this way. It automatically increases frequency up to turbo, if thermal and power limits allow it.

It most likely is inadequate cpu cooler being used (or broken cpu cooler).
Get a better cpu cooler.

CM Hyper 212 or Deepcool Gammaxx 400 is plenty for this cpu.
Jan 30, 2021
First, F5, then exit with the changes using F10.

Now the splash screen does not indicate overclock, and the same with AI-Suite. The Ai-suite says 0 percent.

But at the bottom, the CPU speed keeps bubbling around 4700, even though the processor is supposed to be 3600. I am guessing that the Intel CPU is controlling the clock speed automatically and this is not considered overclocking. I hope.

If the cpu we are talking here is i7-2700k, then base clock is 3500mhz and turbo clock is 3900mhz.
That is not overclocking. CPU is designed to work this way. It automatically increases frequency up to turbo, if thermal and power limits allow it.

It most likely is inadequate cpu cooler being used (or broken cpu cooler).
Get a better cpu cooler.

CM Hyper 212 or Deepcool Gammaxx 400 is plenty for this cpu.

Solution