[SOLVED] How can i display 144Hz help?

Sep 2, 2019
I bought a new graphic card for my PC which is gtx 1660ti but it don't have a DVI port while i'm using xl 2411z which don't have a displayport. I heard that i need to have a displayport to DVI-D dual link to display 144Hz. But i found out that there were 2 type which were the adapter and cable that they were on different level of price (over 100e and 30-40e). Should the cable do the same to the adapter?

Solution
See section #0 here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/

Yeah those adapters can be pricey and don't offer 100% surety. An active DP to DVI DL adapter is needed. The DP end plugs into the graphics card and a DVI DL cable to complete the connection from adapter to monitor.

You're probably better off buying a new monitor. DVI is being slowly phased out so you'd might want to think about switching to a Displayport monitor rather than chancing an expensive adapter.
I bought a new graphic card for my PC which is gtx 1660ti but it don't have a DVI port while i'm using xl 2411z which don't have a displayport. I heard that i need to have a displayport to DVI-D dual link to display 144Hz. But i found out that there were 2 type which were the adapter and cable that they were on different level of price (over 100e and 30-40e). Should the cable do the same to the adapter?
Just use HDMI or DP the cables are like less than £5

boju

Titan
Ambassador
See section #0 here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/

Yeah those adapters can be pricey and don't offer 100% surety. An active DP to DVI DL adapter is needed. The DP end plugs into the graphics card and a DVI DL cable to complete the connection from adapter to monitor.

You're probably better off buying a new monitor. DVI is being slowly phased out so you'd might want to think about switching to a Displayport monitor rather than chancing an expensive adapter.

Last edited:
Solution