[SOLVED] how can i do a system recovery and install windows on a other drive

Solution
simply unplug everything but the hdd you want windows on, boot to the windows installer (usb drive most likely) and install windows to it.

the ssd ca be formatted and moved to the other pc no problem once the hdd has windows up and running.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
simply unplug everything but the hdd you want windows on, boot to the windows installer (usb drive most likely) and install windows to it.

the ssd ca be formatted and moved to the other pc no problem once the hdd has windows up and running.

Solution

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017

can i do it also with out a usb because i dont have windows on a stick

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you could use a windows dvd if you have a dvd burner in the system.

but you'll need one or the other to install windows. either dvd drive or usb stick. the good news is a 32 gb usb stick should be like $6 at walmart. plenty big enough and they'll practically giving these smaller drives away now.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no you can't reset is to reset the current install and not to put it fresh elsewhere. does not work that way. grab the windows media creator and download the iso to burn onto a dvd or a thumb drive to ensure you have the latest version.

don't make this harder than it has to be :)