How can I downclock ram

dim.iaokeim

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hello community,
I just bought some hyperx red 8gb ram thats 1866 MHz but as i see in a page it says my motherboard ( GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev 6.0)) does not support 1866 MHz ram. And I am afraid plugging them in. Is there anyway to downclock the ram to 1600 MHz?
Best regards, John

Solution
The system should automatically run the memory at the best system compatible frequency.

The specification for this motherboard at Gigabyte website states that 1333 MHz is the maximum native (non-overclocked) memory frequency, and 1600 MHz requires overclocking.

In this case here the system should run the 1866 MHz memory at 1333 MHz by default (provided the memory settings in BIOS are at automatic ("AUTO") and are not manually overridden).

To run the memory at higher frequencies, requires overclocking.
The system should automatically run the memory at the best system compatible frequency.

The specification for this motherboard at Gigabyte website states that 1333 MHz is the maximum native (non-overclocked) memory frequency, and 1600 MHz requires overclocking.

In this case here the system should run the 1866 MHz memory at 1333 MHz by default (provided the memory settings in BIOS are at automatic ("AUTO") and are not manually overridden).

To run the memory at higher frequencies, requires overclocking.

Solution