How can I dual monitors on 1 GPU and an AMD A10 7850K? Windows 8.1 x64

iAxelModderHD

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to do dual monitors in this fasion BEFORE I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and every sinse I upgraded I have been unable to dual monitor. This is quite annoying especially trying to make my videos for YouTube as best as possible while on a tight budget....

And BEFORE you come asking me "Well.. Why don't you just plug them both into the GPU?!?!?!?!"

Well... The answer to that question is... I can't do that because I have only ONE (1) MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III with only ONE (1) VGA port... And the reason I do the other through my AMD A10 7850K is because it has integrated graphics.... So I plug the second monitor in via the VGA port on my motherboard so that the A10 APU acts as a second GPU providing the second (NON-Gaming required monitor) JUST ENOUGH Vram / Graphics memory to provide video output...

But it seems with windows 8.1 in device manager it gives me error 31 on my INTEGRATED graphics (APU) and gives it the device name "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" Under the list of Display Adapters...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here are my specs:

CPU: AMD A10 7850K APU.

GPU: MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III

SSD/HDD #1: Crucial 256 GB SSD (Not sure on the model # or any in depth details)

SSD/HDD #2: WB Black Drive 750 GB (Used for storing YouTube videos to be edited and uploaded.)

PSU: 650 Watt... (Not sure of the brand, model, or any in depth detail)

Motherboard: MSI Military grade AMD FM2/FM2+ Motherboard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply telling me if there are any other details you need to help out!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all and any help provided!

~ iAxelModder HD

iAxelModderHD

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
I would like some help soon as I haven't been able to livestreaming and the second monitor not showing up doesn't help me...

I'm not trying to rush anyone to respond but it would be nice if I could get a bit of help so I can get a live stream up...

iAxelModderHD

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
2 different dvi ports but I can only use VGA currently as I don't have a store near me that has any in stock... They say they do over the phone but when I go to the store they "Conveniently sold out right before I got there." So I can't depend on that store... And I do have 2 VGA cables... And 2 VGA ports... 1 on my GTX 660 and the other on my motherboard dependant on the integrated amd graphics but for some reason under device manager I get error code 31... I'll take a picture of device manager for you to see..

iAxelModderHD

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Here is the link to the error...

https://gyazo.com/0b20f32e85c433871935c25ddc89445b

But suddenly my AMD graphics turned into a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

I don't just need it to be fixed for Live Streaming but also for my YouTube channel when I record videos to monitor vital system info such as CPU temps, GPU temps, CPU usage, Memory usage.... And also to see if my video is correctly being recorded instead of having to tab out in the middle of a game...