Question How can i fix my computer freezing and malfunctioning

Nov 21, 2020
This only started recently. But when i booted into windows 7, my computer's display turns black and it reboots me into the gigabyte logo screen (where it says what key to use for the bios, boot settings and stuff like that).

So i turned off my pc and i boot it up again. And everything seemed fine. And then a few minutes later when i was playing roblox phantom forces, it did the same thing. Only now the screen freezes and there's like static cracks on the monitor and there was a huge buzzing noise coming from the speakers.

And now everytime i turn on my pc, it either won't show any monitor signal or it would freeze and do the same thing in the second paragraph. It also takes a bit longer than usual to boot up

I don't know if this detail was important, but weeks before this happened, my neighborhood got a blackout and my pc hasn't been shut down. And i hear that could mess up components in the computer

Any idea how to fix this? I suspect this is a hardware problem.

Specs :
4-5 year old Generic PSU (Eyota ATX-500W)
Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2
V-Gen DDR3, 4GB PC-12800
I forgot the actual CPU model, but it has Radeon R7 Integrated Graphics

It's just an old desktop

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs. Windows 7 OS noted...

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Check Reliability Monitor:

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000147156/using-the-reliability-monitor-in-windows-7

Reliability Monitor may provide some helpful error codes etc..

= = = =

One immediate thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Install a new, fresh CMOS battery.

Nov 21, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs. Windows 7 OS noted...

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Check Reliability Monitor:

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000147156/using-the-reliability-monitor-in-windows-7

Reliability Monitor may provide some helpful error codes etc..

= = = =

One immediate thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Install a new, fresh CMOS battery.
I've updated my post to include the specs

TRENDING THREADS