[SOLVED] how can i fix this boot loop?

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
i was booting my system and then i closed my computer. when I press power button it turns on for like 3 sec and closes. I have a black screen. I tried many different things like taking out the ram and then putting it back on. Plugging off the power. Putting different hhd's and ssd's. What should i do? I know taking things out wont do anything and buying a new psu because the psu fan is running on its own.

Solution
Honestly if you're sure it's not the PSU then it's better if you take it to a repair shop because chances are your previous poor PSU died and killed other components as well, so troubleshooting at home is not possible unless you have spare parts.

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
yes, i was getting display before the PC shut down. I have tried turn on and off again. It has to make a beeping sound because then it turns on but today when i plugged the power in it was make beeping sounds continuously and it didn't work.
Here's my setup.
cpu: i5 750
Graphics card: gtx 1060 3gb
8 gb of ram
motherboard: p7p55d pro

i had 1 ssd (118gb) and one hard drive (250gb).
i switch hard drives with my old computer (500gb) and then i booted the computer.
Will this keep getting worse?
is it going to be better if i bought a new motherboard and cpu?
i had 500 to 550 walts in psu.

Last edited:
yes, i was getting display before the PC shut down. I have tried turn on and off again. It has to make a beeping sound because then it turns on but today when i plugged the power in it was make beeping sounds continuously and it didn't work.
Here's my setup.
cpu: i5 750
Graphics card: gtx 1060 3gb
8 gb of ram
motherboard: p7p55d pro

i had 1 ssd (118gb) and one hard drive (250gb).
i switch hard drives with my old computer (500gb) and then i booted the computer.
Will this keep getting worse?
is it going to be better if i bought a new motherboard and cpu?
i had 500 to 550 walts in psu.
The beeps you are hearing could help figure out what is wrong, here is the meaning of each beep : https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1029959

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
This is weird but sometimes it keeps making beeping sounds and sometimes the fans just spins and nothing comes up and sometimes it turns on and off. It usually happens when i turn the power and turn it on again. i did read your page about the meaning of how many beeps and what that indicates but i am getting beeps which don't stop. I have not taken out the cmos battery. I will have check and then i'm gonna use computer analyzer. If computer keeps beeping it means that you need a new cmos battery so ima have that checked. Thank you for the help! I will see if this works.

Last edited:

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
so I had my computer checked with analyzer it said to check the psu. So i switched the psu but still had problems. So then i took out the ram and switched it and my screen wasn't blank my computer worked but if i turn it off it mostly boot loops and sometimes shows display also when it does that my screen freezes sometimes or my keyboard or mouse doesn't work. So does this mean that there could be something wrong with my motherboard. This problem ain't solvable i guess.

Last edited:
so I had my computer checked with analyzer it said to check the psu. So i switched the psu but still had problems. So then i took out the ram and switched it and my screen wasn't blank my computer worked but if i turn it off it mostly boot loops and sometimes shows display also when it does that my screen freezes sometimes or my keyboard or mouse doesn't work. So does this mean that there could be something wrong with my motherboard. This problem ain't solvable i guess.
So your PC isn't turning off? When you turn on your system, are you able to get into Windows?

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
yes, i am able to get in windows sometimes and it freezes after some time. sometimes it brings me to a blue screen to restart and has some other options like recovery but if i restart the pc will take a long time to start again though it does turn on sometimes. But i don't know why the screen freezes.

yes, i am able to get in windows sometimes and it freezes after some time. sometimes it brings me to a blue screen to restart and has some other options like recovery but if i restart the pc will take a long time to start again though it does turn on sometimes. But i don't know why the screen freezes.
What error do you get in the blue screen? You can try running a memtest86 to test your RAM for corruption. Memtest64 is better but for that you need to be in Windows without freezing/crashing for at least half an hour...since that is not possible for you, it's better to go with memtest86. You need to install memtest86 in a USB drive, and then boot from that USB drive. You can check more detailed instructions from their own website or from a Google search.

Can't see the videos. You'll need to upload them to a video hosting website, like youtube, and then share the link here.

Honestly if you're sure it's not the PSU then it's better if you take it to a repair shop because chances are your previous poor PSU died and killed other components as well, so troubleshooting at home is not possible unless you have spare parts.

Solution