Question How can i force delete a partition in Win10?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thomas_aaren

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
So i`ve been hit by a virus. Guess they finally got to me :\ Im guessing its a virus that has created a new partition on my PC.
5b55b124-c20d-4ce2-afe0-c4f650686bfc-original.jpg
And it basically halts most of my operations on the pc and many other software doesnt work at all. Whenever i try to edit or enter it in win explorer EVERYTHING freezes for a few seconds and it just sits there "loading" , NOR can i use diskpart as its blocking me from access to that in cmd aswell. Not the partition manager in Win10 either. So now im out of ideas to how i can simply ERADICATE this partition..violently so if possible! kkkrrmmt..sorry i had a ..minor blackout there. Anyways.....Does anybody have any other clever suggestions as to how i can delete this partition? Thank You

thomas_aaren

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
An update! I was able to reinstall my windows and everything else after i removed the infected hard drive. But im unable to format the drive, see the content. or at all enter it safely and normally into the array of hdds i have. There SHOULD not be any physical damage to it but most of the methods i have tried so far end up failing or simply taking incrredibly loooooooooooooong time. Like the format (Deletion before recovering the deleted files after) took almost 2.5 hours :s Ive added a few screenshots of my CMD as i was trying this last method i found on "teh webz". You can see that in one instance it doesnt recognize the file system, then in the next it says that the system is a exFAT system, THEN the 3rd time it tells me that it is a RAW. Am i overlooking an obvious fix here? Or are there any other methods or applications i could try, let me know and ill go read up on them. There are 4 screenshots in the album that ive linked to below.

Thank You

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/Outcold_2006/a/aeafa87b-8c5d-4e29-97b3-98f7e6a563f4

thomas_aaren

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
will do again, But neither DISKPART in CMD or Virtual drive manager in Windows will open while the drive is connected. Ill post a screenshot just in case there is info there im not aware that you need. Well....i can execute both cmd and window version but then while "loading" the drive ..it just stops...doesnt FREEZE..just halts . Many other installs also halt at 50 or 80% especially. Yes the system is fine after the reinstall..im just not..for the love of God whatever iver tried...been able to modify this disk :s haha

thomas_aaren

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
This is what it does....simply doesnt progress from the state depicted in the ss. If i try DISKPART in CMD it only gives me the title and year and who made DISKPART, but stops there and does not progress to open the DISKPART cmd-line at all. It DOES hold all the signs towards a physical damage but i cannot imagine HOW that would have happened :s This hdd also slowly deterioated as they say physical damages will do....but at the same time i KNOW a virus initiated all these problems :\ So all hints point to Physical damage...while the history and reality of it is that nothing could really have caused that....not the virus either we know that :\

https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...riginal.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

thomas_aaren

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
I forgot to mention that i only leave the powercable on the faulty hdd as windows starts up...or it will halt windows loading on the logo screen....then connect datacable inside windows before Diskpart. If i was to disconnect the datacable from the faulty hdd as i was on the Screenshot, Diskpart will load immediatly with no problems...