How can I format a 4GB toshiba USB flash drive with write protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker49

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Hi!
I have been using a 4GB Toshiba USB flash drive on my computer & also on USB ports stereos. All of a sudden the drive has started appearing write protected and I cannot add or delete any files on the drive. This is very surprising as I havent found any answer as to how can I remove the write protect thing and use my drive normally. The other thing is that the drive has no write protection switch to control it. Please i reaally need your help.
Either help me to remove it or instruct me to do other possible solutions..

Cheers..

Th3Art0fRu1n

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009

I've had this problem. These directions, that I used to solve my problem, are from a website (can't remember where) so give them a shot.
Remember ALWAYS ALWAYS backup ANY things you change in the registry. Export, and if something goes wrong just double click the file you exported to restore registry settings.
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

Try this....
1. Start > Run > type regedit > Enter
2. Go to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
*Any spaces you might see in 'StorageDevicePolicies' shouldn't be there. If they are remove any spaces in that word (including the one above).*
4. Double click on the string ‘WriteProtect’ and change the ‘Value Data’ box to ‘0’
5. Save, exit and restart.

hjasdoihl

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
my pendive doen`t support even doing that
give me a way from the
how to switch off the writeproted.. i am waiting..........................
no thanks in adavance darling

munirsss

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.