[SOLVED] How can I get 240hz on my secondary monitor?

Sep 13, 2019
Hi. I just want to know how can I get 240hz on my secondary monitor. My secondary monitor is AOC AGON AG251FZ. I am using a laptop Asus ROG GL702VS with GTX 1070 8Gb, i7 7700HQ processor, 16 Gb of RAM and it has 120hz monitor. When I go to the monitor's menu it says that it is running on 60hz and on the invidia control panel that it runs on 120hz and I can't change it, I can only change the laptops monitor (in the invidia control panel).

Thank you for all your answers.
;)

Solution
Thank you for your answer.
I tried again but it didn't seem to work, so I have another question because my laptop doesn't have display port can I use HDMI to display port converter could this work. And I have noticed that my USB things don't want to work when I plug them into my monitor. Does this have to do anything with my HDMI too?

The specs I looked up for your laptop says it has mini-Displayport. Which is Displayport but smaller in size.

No, HDMI to DisplayPort would make no difference. The HDMI connection, if 1.4, would be limited to either 120Hz or 144hz with 1080p. I forget which. As laptops with HDMI 2.0 normally specifically mention 2.0 in the specs. It is likely 1.4.
Sep 13, 2019
I tried again but it didn't seem to work, so I have another question because my laptop doesn't have display port can I use HDMI to display port converter could this work. And I have noticed that my USB things don't want to work when I plug them into my monitor. Does this have to do anything with my HDMI too?

Last edited:

The specs I looked up for your laptop says it has mini-Displayport. Which is Displayport but smaller in size.

No, HDMI to DisplayPort would make no difference. The HDMI connection, if 1.4, would be limited to either 120Hz or 144hz with 1080p. I forget which. As laptops with HDMI 2.0 normally specifically mention 2.0 in the specs. It is likely 1.4.

Solution
Sep 13, 2019

Thank you for your help.
I managed to set 240hz with mini DP to DP cable.
Again thanks a lot:giggle: