Question How can I get 240hz on my secondary monitor?

Sep 13, 2019
Hi. I just want to know how can I get 240hz on my secondary monitor. My secondary monitor is AOC AGON AG251FZ. I am using a laptop Asus ROG GL702VS with GTX 1070 8Gb, i7 7700HQ processor, 16 Gb of RAM and it has 120hz monitor. When I go to the monitor's menu it says that it is running on 60hz and on the invidia control panel that it runs on 120hz and I can't change it, I can only change the laptops monitor (in the invidia control panel).

Thank you for all your answers.
;)

Are you using the mini-DisplayPort? I think the HDMI port is limited to 1.4 on the laptop. In which case you would have to use DisplayPort.

Are you mirroring the displays? They need to be set in extended. Mirrored displays are limited to the capabilities of the lesser display.

Reactions: prokidoki
Sep 13, 2019
Thank you for your answer.
I tried again but it didn't seem to work, so I have another question because my laptop doesn't have display port can I use HDMI to display port converter could this work. And I have noticed that my USB things don't want to work when I plug them into my monitor. Does this have to do anything with my HDMI too?

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer.
I tried again but it didn't seem to work, so I have another question because my laptop doesn't have display port can I use HDMI to display port converter could this work. And I have noticed that my USB things don't want to work when I plug them into my monitor. Does this have to do anything with my HDMI too?
The specs I looked up for your laptop says it has mini-Displayport. Which is Displayport but smaller in size.

No, HDMI to DisplayPort would make no difference. The HDMI connection, if 1.4, would be limited to either 120Hz or 144hz with 1080p. I forget which. As laptops with HDMI 2.0 normally specifically mention 2.0 in the specs. It is likely 1.4.

Sep 13, 2019
The specs I looked up for your laptop says it has mini-Displayport. Which is Displayport but smaller in size.

No, HDMI to DisplayPort would make no difference. The HDMI connection, if 1.4, would be limited to either 120Hz or 144hz with 1080p. I forget which. As laptops with HDMI 2.0 normally specifically mention 2.0 in the specs. It is likely 1.4.
Thank you for your help.
I managed to set 240hz with mini DP to DP cable.
Again thanks a lot:giggle:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS