[SOLVED] how can I get more fps on games.

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
My last computer was a i5 750 with 2.7 ghz and it was really good able to run mostly all the games with my gtx 1060 3gb. I played csgo and I was able to get higher than 250 fps I was able to run in highest settings. This pc was windows 10 and it ran into a boot problem so I bought a new pc but this pc gave me 20 fps on csgo windows 7 professional which I did not expect. why is i5 750 providing more fps?

I did not use any corrupted parts from my old setup so no clue why I am getting low fps on a old game.

New pc setup
i5 2500 3.3 ghz
16 gb corsair vengence ram
zotac gtx 1060 3gb graphic card
700 walts power supply
gigabyte motherboard Z68X-UD3H-B3
Windows 7 professional
This computer lags a bit more and is more slow.
how can I fix this fps problem and get less lag playing games. The computer also lags a bit when i am just moving the mouse around or watching videos. I know that you are able to play games with i5 processor especially games that dont require graphic cards like csgo so why am I not able to play games.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes it helps identify the problem. Unfortunately The cpu is running very hot and thermal throttling. Almost reaching 100c at 1.6GHz.

Need to check cooling is seated and operating properly.

haseebthedude

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
Yes, the video cable is in the graphics card and yes the drive is new. I have downloaded new drivers in the graphics card when I installed it. Yes ,it is a clean windows setup I had to download everything from scratch.I'm going to post screenshot of lag and low fps in a while with core temp.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm yeah, need a hsf adequate for the job. Looks like you had to supply your own? Reusing hsf from a different system running a lower cpu model isn't a good idea.

Once cpu is cooled properly, the 2500k will run rings around the 750.