[SOLVED] How can I get my GPU to run Overwatch at 300fps

Sep 20, 2020
I recently got a 240hz monitor and a new GPU and CPU so that I could run Overwatch at around 300 fps. In order to do this I lowered all my settings in game to the lowest possible and set resolution scale to 75%. My GPU has a max core clock of 2075MHz but when I am playing the game my core clock is staying at 800MHz. So in game I'm getting an average of 130 fps. When I turn up settings my GPU clock goes up to 1900MHz but at these high settings i also get around 130 fps. Ive seen benchmarks of my GPU and i should be getting around 400 fps but I don't. so I want to know if its possible to get my GPU to run at high core clocks even when I'm playing on the lowest settings which does not require much GPU load.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU :AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4

Solution
I doubt that switching to dual channel will take my fps from 130 to 300 though. I think there could be other issues aswell
Ryzen, especially the 1st n 2nd gen, LOVE faster, dual channel ram. When your running at very low graphics, UNDER 1080p resolution your quite literally ONLY using the cpu to render the frames.

So 1, your using Ryzen. 2, Ryzen NEEDS fast ram to run at its full potential. and 3, running the resolution under 1080p probably isnt helping anything since its all being rendered by cpu. So I would put it to 1080p to make the gpu take a bit of the load back.

UPGRADING THE RAM IS YOUR 1st STEP TO GET THE PERFORMANCE YOUR LOOKING FOR! Theres nothing else you can do, short of upgrading the CPU. And even THEN, youll...
I doubt that switching to dual channel will take my fps from 130 to 300 though. I think there could be other issues aswell
Ryzen, especially the 1st n 2nd gen, LOVE faster, dual channel ram. When your running at very low graphics, UNDER 1080p resolution your quite literally ONLY using the cpu to render the frames.

So 1, your using Ryzen. 2, Ryzen NEEDS fast ram to run at its full potential. and 3, running the resolution under 1080p probably isnt helping anything since its all being rendered by cpu. So I would put it to 1080p to make the gpu take a bit of the load back.

UPGRADING THE RAM IS YOUR 1st STEP TO GET THE PERFORMANCE YOUR LOOKING FOR! Theres nothing else you can do, short of upgrading the CPU. And even THEN, youll STILL need a better ram config.

Solution
Sep 20, 2020

UPGRADING THE RAM IS YOUR 1st STEP TO GET THE PERFORMANCE YOUR LOOKING FOR! Theres nothing else you can do, short of upgrading the CPU. And even THEN, youll STILL need a better ram config.
Alright thank you will definitely look into the upgrade. I thought it was a GPU problem as my gpu was barely working but clearly thats just because it doesn't need to

I recently got a 240hz monitor and a new GPU and CPU so that I could run Overwatch at around 300 fps. In order to do this I lowered all my settings in game to the lowest possible and set resolution scale to 75%. My GPU has a max core clock of 2075MHz but when I am playing the game my core clock is staying at 800MHz. So in game I'm getting an average of 130 fps. When I turn up settings my GPU clock goes up to 1900MHz but at these high settings i also get around 130 fps. Ive seen benchmarks of my GPU and i should be getting around 400 fps but I don't. so I want to know if its possible to get my GPU to run at high core clocks even when I'm playing on the lowest settings which does not require much GPU load.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU :AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4
First of all go to nvidia control center and put the card to maximum performance,search for the power management mode and put that to prefer maximum performance.
That will make your GPU run at max clocks when running any game which will clear things up.
But yeah, it could be your CPU and increasing ram might have an impact but it will not get you from 130 fps to 300 fps, no way.

Sep 20, 2020
First of all go to nvidia control center and put the card to maximum performance,search for the power management mode and put that to prefer maximum performance.
That will make your GPU run at max clocks when running any game which will clear things up.
But yeah, it could be your CPU and increasing ram might have an impact but it will not get you from 130 fps to 300 fps, no way.
I don't have a nvidea card so I can't use control panel but I have put my card on prefer max power and turned on performance settings in radeon software but still my card does not run at high clocks until I run games at high settings. Also I know changing ram won't change 130 to 300 but its one fix that could help abit but I think they may be some other problems that I can't work out