[SOLVED] How can I get my Samsung TV to turn on automatically at a certain time?

Jun 12, 2019
I have my TV set to turn on automatically at a certain time. But if the plug socket is flicked off and back on in the meantime the TV timer doesn't turn the TV on.
Meaning if I wanted to use the TV timer daily I could never turn the socket off for a period of time - the TV would have to me in standy mode constantly because otherwise the TV timer will lose its settings and not come on the next day.

Solution
Tv would keep this setting after losing mains power if it was designed to do so. Since it doesn't, there's nothing you can do except not turn off mains power.

Ralston18

Titan
And check the other plug socket: are both sockets controlled by the wall switch or just one socket?

If both, a knowledgeable electrician should be able to change the configuration to one socket switched and the other socket always powered on.

AKA :"Half-hot" or "Half switched".

May be straightforward or not depending on the wiring run(s) in the circuit and the presence of other outlets and switches.