[SOLVED] How Can I Get Reliable Ethernet Connection Without Having A Router in My Room?

Dec 18, 2021
I have a computer that I use for almost everything, from gaming to homework. The router in my house is downstairs and my room is upstairs, so for right now I am using a Wifi Extender and connecting ethernet through the wifi extender into my computer. However, the connection isn't the greatest as there are major lag spikes when I play competitive games. What should I do to get a consistent ethernet connection? Any methods that you guys recommend such as a powerline adapter or any wifi extender recommendations? Or do you guys know any methods that I don't know about?

Solution
I have a computer that I use for almost everything, from gaming to homework. The router in my house is downstairs and my room is upstairs, so for right now I am using a Wifi Extender and connecting ethernet through the wifi extender into my computer. However, the connection isn't the greatest as there are major lag spikes when I play competitive games. What should I do to get a consistent ethernet connection? Any methods that you guys recommend such as a powerline adapter or any wifi extender recommendations? Or do you guys know any methods that I don't know about?
You have to get a cable of some kind to the main router. That could be an ethernet cable through the walls, or existing coax cable (if you have it), or using the...

kanewolf

Titan
You have to get a cable of some kind to the main router. That could be an ethernet cable through the walls, or existing coax cable (if you have it), or using the power plugs with powerline network adapters. There is no substitute for an actual cable.

Solution