[SOLVED] How can I get rid of data on a hard drive that's not connected to any computer?

Jan 17, 2021
I'm building a PC with a 500gb SSD. I wanted an additional 1 terabyte of storage for it, but didn't want to pay any more money for a hard drive. Luckily, I have a HP prebuilt that has a 7200 RPM hard drive. This computer stopped working because the CPU got damaged, so I decided to salvage the hard drive. The only problem is, the hard drive has a windows install on it, and when I build my PC it will boot directly into this windows install. Additionally, this hard drive has a few viruses on it. What I need to do is wipe this hard drive clean before it goes into any sort of computer, but I'm not sure how to do that. So, how do I wipe a hard drive that isn't connected to any computer? If that isn't possible, is there a way I can stop my computer from booting into the install of windows that is on the hard drive and releasing the viruses?

Solution
Bin it unless you want viruses on your ssd.
only way you can get rid of them is by adding it to a computer that has an anti virus then maybe you may be able to format the disk.

slippers1690

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Bin it unless you want viruses on your ssd.
only way you can get rid of them is by adding it to a computer that has an anti virus then maybe you may be able to format the disk.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS