How can I get the sound to play through my tv?

Karel Vanlisse

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
I have a dual monitor setup with my tv and my monitor from pc.

Now, when I was trying to make it work, I had the sound coming from my tv. But now that it does work, my sound comes from my monitor :)

How can fix back to my tv playing the music sound?

Solution
Right click on the sound/speaker icon in the notification area, select playback devices, there is probably one for speakers and another for HDMI, right click on the HDMI one and set it the default.

If the TV is connected by DVI/VGA(/DP?) - they do not carry audio so you will need to run a separate cable from the PC to the TV.

menetlaus

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
Right click on the sound/speaker icon in the notification area, select playback devices, there is probably one for speakers and another for HDMI, right click on the HDMI one and set it the default.

If the TV is connected by DVI/VGA(/DP?) - they do not carry audio so you will need to run a separate cable from the PC to the TV.

Solution

Karel Vanlisse

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
the pc and tv are connected through hdmi. I do not have speakers so I am using my monitor as such :) All the hdmi outputs are "not plugged in" which is weird no? since i have connected it with hdmi

Karel Vanlisse

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014

the pc and tv are connected through hdmi. I do not have speakers so I am using my monitor as such :) All the hdmi outputs are "not plugged in" which is weird no? since i have connected it with hdmi

it is weird... HDMI actualy has channels seperately for audio...

Karel Vanlisse

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014

yes it is, I first had it so I have no idea what I did

go to "sound" in control panel there might be a way to direct sound through hdmi

Karel Vanlisse

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014

No, still not plugged in

its very confusing o_O ..