[SOLVED] How can I get used to 60 hz again?

Banananana

Prominent
Aug 1, 2020
I have problem with getting used to 60 hz again. I've been using 144hz for few months, I bough it because I wanted to play games like csgo on 144hz. The problem is that my pc is for some reason underperforming, sometimes I get only 100 fps, maybe less on Valorant and it looks so choppy and its unplayeble, so I decided to go back to 60 hz. I heard that is hard to get used to 60hz. I just tried playing game on 30 fps locked (GTA V) and after some time I switched to 60 fps and it looked and felt much better than before but not like it was first time on 60 hz. I thought that I was onto something until I tried playing Rocket League, It looked so bad, it felt like its 20 fps. If someone knows how to get used to 60 hz again please let me know, I would be gratefull. And I also have one question. Why does videos on yt that are on 60 fps looks so smooth, and also when I connect controller on games and play on 60 fps it looks and fels just fine? I also tried to lock 144 hz to 60 hz and play games, and play games on normal 60 hz monitor, It's the same thing, nothing chanched.

Here are also my pc specs and monitor if you need that:

GPU: GTX 1650 SUPER
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3400G
RAM: 8 (2x4)
Monitor: AOC 24G1WG4

Solution
I watched some benchmark video on youtube and people got much higher fps than I do with exact same hardware, for example Fortnite, I have 80-144 fps (100 most of the time), but other people got 200+ fps and I have this pc for only 2, 3 months.
Couple of ways this would happen

1. you aren't using the same settings. "ultra" settings, or "low" settings might not mean the same to each person, so you don't like motion blur since its garbage, or you have textures on low, but shadows on high. Resolution is a big factor, and you probably have the same for that, but it's not the only factor.
  2. your hardware isn't boosting properly, check clocks of both your cards and the benchmarks you looked at.

Remember a benchmark that...

Banananana

Prominent
Aug 1, 2020
While I experience almost the same problem, if your pc is not reaching 144hz, you should try enabling free-sync or g-sync.
Yeah, I tried that but it didn't help. It doesn't matter if I have turned on free sync or not, every game that doesn't reach 120 fps (some games 100) looks really choppy.

I could be bad frame pacing. In an unlikely scenario, you could have two frames being made back to back every 30 Hz, and this will be reported as 60 FPS because 60 frames were actually generated, but it'll certainly not look like 60 FPS.

The CPU seems a little weak for high frame rates and will shudder the moment anything remotely busy comes its way.

Banananana

Prominent
Aug 1, 2020
I could be bad frame pacing. In an unlikely scenario, you could have two frames being made back to back every 30 Hz, and this will be reported as 60 FPS because 60 frames were actually generated, but it'll certainly not look like 60 FPS.

The CPU seems a little weak for high frame rates and will shudder the moment anything remotely busy comes its way.
I thougt about that, but before I got 144hz it was all normal on 60hz.

Banananana

Prominent
Aug 1, 2020
Then, it might be time to upgrade your gpu, to get the results you want.
I watched some benchmark video on youtube and people got much higher fps than I do with exact same hardware, for example Fortnite, I have 80-144 fps (100 most of the time), but other people got 200+ fps and I have this pc for only 2, 3 months.

1. you aren't using the same settings. "ultra" settings, or "low" settings might not mean the same to each person, so you don't like motion blur since its garbage, or you have textures on low, but shadows on high. Resolution is a big factor, and you probably have the same for that, but it's not the only factor.
  2. your hardware isn't boosting properly, check clocks of both your cards and the benchmarks you looked at.

Remember a benchmark that checks the 1650 super, with an i9 10900k will not have the same fps as your pc, even if the gpu is the same.

Solution

Banananana

Prominent
Aug 1, 2020

Remember a benchmark that checks the 1650 super, with an i9 10900k will not have the same fps as your pc, even if the gpu is the same.
Yea, I know that its not the same if I have same gpu as someone but not the same cpu and I always check what settings is someone using in bechmark video.
I know for a fact that my hardware isn't boosting properly, I will check clocks and benchmark later, thanks for replying and trying to help.

Reactions: siaan312