How can I get windows 7 edition password without windows cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonali1978

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
I just bought this computer from someone off craigs list and I cant access the admin password. I dont have a cd to download windows. How can I bypass it?

this is a MAJOR red flag. you should have addressed this when testing before purchase. Ask the person who sold it to you. If THEY don't have the windows password IMMEDIATELY contact the police to check if it has been reported stolen and cooperate/provide the name of the seller. you don't want to be found in procession of stolen property

first, discussing password protection bypassing is against the rules. we cannot verify you as the legitimate owner no matter what you say.
second, you can reset the windows password with a password reset disk. contact the previous owner, ask the previous owner (if you're telling the truth) for the password recovery disk. if you don't have a password recovery disk, you might have to install windows from scratch. you can buy an oem win 7 disk from newegg.
third, if you're short on budget or unwilling to buy an os, you can try out some of the linux distros. they're free, so no hassle with serials or activation and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.