Question How can I go back to having 2 different drives.

Jul 30, 2022
So, yesterday I did a windows downgrade everything went good. But when I booted up my pc it felt a bit slow and strange. I looked at my explorer and saw that my D:\ was gone. When I looked further into it I found out that my SSD and my HDD where just put together in my C:\ drive. Now, 5 hours later, I still do not have a fix for this. Hope somebody here might have a solution or anything in that direction.

USAFRet

Titan
So, yesterday I did a windows downgrade everything went good. But when I booted up my pc it felt a bit slow and strange. I looked at my explorer and saw that my D:\ was gone. When I looked further into it I found out that my SSD and my HDD where just put together in my C:\ drive. Now, 5 hours later, I still do not have a fix for this. Hope somebody here might have a solution or anything in that direction.
A 'downgrade'? From what to what?

Look in Windows Storage Spaces.

And a screencap of your current Disk Management window, please.

Jul 30, 2022
I know the SSD is a Samsung SSD it should be around 120gb I think. The HDD, no idea really what brand. Since I bought this pc 2-3 years ago as a pre-built... The 230gb that's also included is my USB. No idea why this was also added to there.

Some friends of mine suggested it for gaming.

USAFRet

Titan
I know the SSD is a Samsung SSD it should be around 120gb I think. The HDD, no idea really what brand. Since I bought this pc 2-3 years ago as a pre-built... The 230gb that's also included is my USB. No idea why this was also added to there.

Some friends of mine suggested it for gaming.
Well, we NEED to know the specifics on the drives.

That Disk 0 looks like a standard 1TB HDD.
No 'merger' of a 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD.

And your friends are absolutely wrong on the 1709 and gaming.

Jul 30, 2022
Aight, ill try that in a bit. But I mean, can it disconnect without it being moved?

And never existed? It worked for 2-3 years perfectly, it should exist then no?

Lev1n

Reputable
Sep 30, 2019

Lev1n

Reputable
Sep 30, 2019
Nothing is ruled out until it is all working.

Why and how was the OS installed on the HDD?
Why is the SSD not visible?
I didnt check those screenshots above. Ssd was clearly there. Showing with usb disk. You can see it they are there(128 gb sdd,240 gb usb disk). Its probably he just did a mistake and installed os to hdd.

Jul 30, 2022
I didnt check those screenshots above. Ssd was clearly there. Showing with usb disk. You can see it they are there(128 gb sdd,128 gb usb disk). Its probably he just did a mistake and installed os to hdd.
Ye it was indeed a mistake the HDD. The USB is 230gb. But I did it once on HDD on accident to, but SSD was still there all the time tho. But I think I did not see the SSD while trying to install to a drive.