how can i hook up my asus laptop computer to my panasonic tv via hdmi cable

happy face

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
i bought a hdmi cable and pluged it in from my asus computer laptop port to my panasonic tv hdmi port on the 47" inch smart tv and i tried and could not get any thing showing in my tv screen, it should have showed on my tv what my computer is showing, just wanting to use my tv as an alternet screen other than my small computer screen, i am useing a hot spot for my internet device.

Solution

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

I am not sure what the issue is here. Whenever I plug in my pc to my tv I get a post almost instantly. Did you change the AV based on what port you plugged you hdmi into your tv? I am pretty sure your tv has more than one hdmi port make sure you are using the right channel. Have you tested your tv with any other device? Does it post anything?

happy face

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

There are two possibilities that come to mind. The first is that you have the resolution of the display set too high for the TV to accept. The TV might show out of range it this is the case. Check the owners manual for compatible resolutions and set to the "native" resolution. The second is you may have to turn on the HDMI output and designate it to mirror the laptop display or act as a second monitor. If you set the TV as a second monitor you can set the resolution for it without changing the resolution of the laptop display.
By "channel" I think happy face means make sure you are on the correct HDMI input on the TV.

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
I didn't be channel sorry. I mean't AV. Like AV1 AV2, or in some cases it might say hdmi1, hdmi2. Your tv has multiple hdmi ports. You just need to switch to the right one. Or it can also be as what americanaudiophile said.

Mason1337

Reputable
Feb 14, 2014

Solution

Mason1337

Reputable
Feb 14, 2014
Way you need to do is hit the windows key on your laptop it will bring up a menu and it should say extend or duplicate. Click on extend and you will be able to drag stuff from your laptop to your tv it may not be what you are hoping for.

fo2los

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
u have to click on control panel then choose adjust screen resolution ( u will find it on the appearance) make ur resolution 1366x768 and it will work inshallah :)