Radeon RX 580 Series
ASUSTeK P8Z77-V DELUXE (LGA1155)
500GB ADATA SU650
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Insignia 400w PSU
Zalman CPU cooler for Intel Socket 1155/1156/775 CNPS5X PERFORMA
(i use two monitors 27" and 24" benq's)

I noticed that the CPU easily heats up to 55 degrees celcius and higher when I try to open some programs but then drop back down to around 45-50 after it opens. I'm just wondering if thats the PSU problem because I understand that 400w is on the low side. Or should I get a newer CPU.
My budget is not high so budget friendly suggestions would be great. I just need a rig that can handle streams with webcam and games (shooter, rpg)

AMD's official spec suggests a 500W PSU minimum. At the moment, I would be somewhat wary of using an underspecced PSU.

Temperatures sound fine.

In wanting to game and stream, ideally you'd be looking at a newer platform which doesn't sound like what you were considering.

Aug 20, 2019
This computer was given to me by a friend who just plays games so i may not have the right specs at all, I'm not well versed in the computer world as you can tell. I definitely will be getting a new PSU. Is there anything else I should take note of?

Use this to help inform your PSU purchase: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Personally prefer to have a slightly higher wattage PSU as it will allow more upgrades in future. 600W is a fair balance, I think.

EDIT: streaming tends to require more cores/threads which the i5 is slightly limited; the i7-3770k (with 4 cores, 8 threads) would be better though still limited in modern terms. If pricing hasn't changed much (and they rarely seem to for Intel CPUs), then it's a difficult recommendation to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teresa Xie

TRENDING THREADS