How can I improve this program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkyo00

Commendable
May 29, 2016
github.com
I wrote this.Any things need to improve?

@echo off
title PreInstaller 1.6(Build 13)
cls
echo My codings are bad,please accept my apologise.
pause
cls
:Start
cls
echo Are you sure you want to install Forge 1.10.2?(Press Y for Yes,N for No.S for Skip,but highly not recommended.)
set/p "cho=>"
if %cho%==Y goto F1102
if %cho%==N goto END

if %cho%==S goto S1
cls
echo Invalid choice.
pause
goto Start
:F1102
cls
start C:\EVRB.modpack\commons\forge1.10.2.exe
cls
echo Wait...
pause
:S1
cls
echo Are you sure you want to install Forge 1.8.9?(Press Y for Yes,N for No.S for Skip,but highly not recommended.)
set/p "cho=>"
if %cho%==Y goto F189
if %cho%==N goto END
if %cho%==S goto S2
cls
echo Invalid choice.
pause
goto F1102
:F189
cls
start C:\EVRB.modpack\commons\forge1.8.9.exe
cls
echo Wait...
pause
:S2
cls
echo Are you sure you want to install OptiFine 1.10.2?(Press Y for Yes,N for No.S for Skip,but highly not recommended.)
echo WARNING:You have to run normal 1.10.2 for at least once.
set/p "cho=>"
if %cho%==Y goto OF1102
if %cho%==N goto END
if %cho%==S goto S3
cls
echo Invalid choice.
goto F189
:OF1102
cls
start C:\EVRB.modpack\commons\OF1102.jar
cls
echo Wait...
pause
:S3
cls
echo Are you sure you want to install OptiFine 1.8.9?(Press Y for Yes,N for No.S for Skip,but highly not recommended.)
echo WARNING:You have to run normal 1.8.9 for at least once.
set/p "cho=>"
if %cho%==Y goto OF189
if %cho%==N goto END
if %cho%==S goto Thx
cls
echo Invalid choice.
goto OF1102
:OF189
start C:\EVRB.modpack\commons\OF189.jar
cls
echo Wait...
pause
goto Thx
:Thx
cls
echo you have installed it all.Thank you!
pause
exit
:END
cls
echo You decided to quit the installer.Wish you have a good day though :3
pause
exit

Solution
With no information on why you're not satisfied with your script it's impossible to point on specific elements (unless I go to buy the program only to help you - not gonna happens).
Also you make zero effort in putting comments in your script so any one reading this have to guess.

So my suggestion to improve your script is this:
1. Add commentt. Make sure that anyone reading your script know what you're thinking on. Something not working as expected - then describe it.
2. Use pastebin or similar service that provides syntax highligting for programming languages (I think there is one code format at this page for bat scripts too).
3. If the installer deals with dialog boxes, you probably want to use Autohotkey instead, because it allows...
With no information on why you're not satisfied with your script it's impossible to point on specific elements (unless I go to buy the program only to help you - not gonna happens).
Also you make zero effort in putting comments in your script so any one reading this have to guess.

So my suggestion to improve your script is this:
1. Add commentt. Make sure that anyone reading your script know what you're thinking on. Something not working as expected - then describe it.
2. Use pastebin or similar service that provides syntax highligting for programming languages (I think there is one code format at this page for bat scripts too).
3. If the installer deals with dialog boxes, you probably want to use Autohotkey instead, because it allows you to do mouse clicks and other useful things you just can't do with bat scripts.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Agree with Grobe - especially the need to comment the script.

And although English may not be your native language work on the grammar and syntax of the "echos". Need to be correct and consistent. Doing so will help both you and the intended end-users.

Status
Not open for further replies.