Question How can I increase my dedicated Video RAM to at least 256mb?

Feb 6, 2019
Here's my specs:
Processor
Intel Core i5-2410M
Graphics adapter
Intel HD Graphics 3000, 8.15.10.2342
Memory
4096 MB, Nanya Technology, DDR3-1333, 667 MHz, max. 8 GB, 2 slots
Display
15.6 inch 16:9, 1366 x 768 pixel, LED backlight
Mainboard
Intel ID0104
Storage
WDC Scorpio Blue WD5000BPVT-22HXZT1, 500 GB, 5400 rpm
Soundcard
Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller

Sadly you can't. The system dynamically adjusts the amount of system ram used for the HD3000 there is no dedicated vram. You may be able to select an option in the bios. But it might say something like 32mb/64mb this is just like a buffer on a hard drive and not for gaming or display purposes. Changing it from 32 to 64mb has practically no effect on screen while the laptop is running or when you are gaming.

Feb 6, 2019
Sadly you can't. The system dynamically adjusts the amount of system ram used for the HD3000 there is no dedicated vram. You may be able to select an option in the bios. But it might say something like 32mb/64mb this is just like a buffer on a hard drive and not for gaming or display purposes. Changing it from 32 to 64mb has practically no effect on screen while the laptop is running or when you are gaming.
There is no option in the BIOS.

If you are trying to play some game on that laptop, not going to happen if it does not run due to not meeting minimum requirements. Even if you can somehow find a way to add the extra video memory so system sees it, it will do nothing to make the video card run faster or give it capability it does not have.

There is no option in the BIOS.

Well, you're snookered. Not all mobo's/bios' allow you to change that allocation, and as I mentioned, it makes no difference anyway. @hang-the-9 really explained clearly, that it's not so much about Vram (although with modern GPU's that is a thing) but for the HD Intel series, it's more about the GPU itself than the vram. HD sucks. You won't be able to eek out extra performance, or OC it. Time for an upgrade if you are looking to play any relevant games even at 720p with decent frame rates.

TRENDING THREADS