how can i install win 10 on my acer laptop, it wasn't accepting disk partition of c drive, i have deleted the c drive but now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2018
i have win 8 on my acer laptop, as it have hanging problem i tried to change my operating system. For that i inserted win 10 cd and i tried to install on c drive it said that i cant install on any partition, so i deleted the c drive partition so that i can create a new partition and i can install but it is unable to create a partition on same space, it is showing that it has 155gb free out of 155gb. how can i solve this problem and i how can i install win10

Solution
I hope you have a backup of the win8 in case you need to go back.
Also have all your drivers downloaded and ready: Chipset, Graphics, network, USB, Sound ...

Try clicking on Disk Options when on the 'Where do you want to Install" screen, deleting ALL the partitions, and then selecting Next when the drive is Empty. Win10 will format & partition the drive as it sees fit.

It also may be seeing the boot info from win8 so yo may need to boot to a command prompt using the w10 install flash drive. Running diskpart will let you select the drive and then you can run Clean command. After you run it you can exit and try the install again.

popatim

Titan
I hope you have a backup of the win8 in case you need to go back.
Also have all your drivers downloaded and ready: Chipset, Graphics, network, USB, Sound ...

Try clicking on Disk Options when on the 'Where do you want to Install" screen, deleting ALL the partitions, and then selecting Next when the drive is Empty. Win10 will format & partition the drive as it sees fit.

It also may be seeing the boot info from win8 so yo may need to boot to a command prompt using the w10 install flash drive. Running diskpart will let you select the drive and then you can run Clean command. After you run it you can exit and try the install again.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.