Question How can I keep cpu voltage stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2022
My pc has been shutting down after 1hr~ of being on (playing super basic games eg stick fight or Geoguessr) and the problem is my cpu voltage being too high, it says it’s at 2.779V, I don’t know if that’s very high or not, but does anyone have a way to stop my pc from crashing without harming it (long term or short term)?

KyaraM

Admirable
Uh... that's extremely high. It should be less than half. For example, my CPUs all operate at around 1.15V on average, the highest spike I have ever seen was at 1.4V.

What is your system? CPU, GPU, PSU, MB, RAM, drives. What are your temperatures?

What you could do is go to BIOS and see if you can set a max voltage. See if that helps. But that high voltage, to me, hints at an issue with your CPU.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
May 22, 2022
Uh... that's extremely high. It should be less than half. For example, my CPUs all operate at around 1.15V on average, the highest spike I have ever seen was at 1.4V.

What is your system? CPU, GPU, PSU, MB, RAM, drives. What are your temperatures?

What you could do is go to BIOS and see if you can set a max voltage. See if that helps. But that high voltage, to me, hints at an issue with your CPU.
My gpu is a Radeon RX560, cpu is AMD A10-9700, 8gb ram, motherboard is PRIME A320M-R and average temp is 64 degrees Celsius

Status
Not open for further replies.