[SOLVED] How can I keep my AIO Corsair H60 pump at max rpm in CPU_OPT fan header?

thepcgamer099

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
Hi
I have a noctua F12 radiator fan in the CPU_FAN header for greater control over CPU temps as it is a 4pin PWM and this is the only true 4 pin PWM slot on my motherboard (Asus Z87-Pro). I want to keep my AIO pump (H60) at max RPM so was wondering if I can de-couple this from the noctua radiator fan (as it will not be at max RPM constantly). If this is possible how would I go about doing this in the bios, and are there any drawbacks for this? I read somewhere that because the AIO is a 3 pin header in the CPU_OPT, and the CPU_FAN is a 4pin PWM that the pump will be running at max RPM at all times (which is what I want), is this true?
I even read that putting the AIO pump in a case fan header would work, is this a good idea as I have spare case fan headers.
Sorry about all the questions, but I'm pretty confused about this.
I am also using Asus Fan Xpert 2 so anything I can do in there to help out would be great.
If you need anymore information pls just ask, any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tom.

Solution
What Lutfij was getting at is another route for dealing with your concern. Connecting the pump to a CHA_FAN header is not really ideal but it can work if you understand the small differences that makes. That recommendation amounted to forcing the CHA_FAN header NOT to exercise control of speed so the pump always runs full speed, and then telling it to ignore any speed alarm question. However, in your other threads you have already used a better solution.

Lutfij

Titan
If it's an H0, why aren't you plugging the pump to an available chassis fan header and then assigning that header in BIOS to disregard any manipulation to temps...? That way the pump will be running without any alteration.

Yes, it's a good idea, since I have a modded H50 on my own rig and my little brother's rig. The pump is on a chassis fan header. The fans are on a PWM hub and are paired to the CPU_Fan header.

thepcgamer099

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
If it's an H0, why aren't you plugging the pump to an available chassis fan header and then assigning that header in BIOS to disregard any manipulation to temps...? That way the pump will be running without any alteration.

Yes, it's a good idea, since I have a modded H50 on my own rig and my little brother's rig. The pump is on a chassis fan header. The fans are on a PWM hub and are paired to the CPU_Fan header.

How do I assign the header in the bios to disregard any manipulation to the temps? My chasis fan headers are not 4 pin PWM, does that matter? Thanks.
EDIT: I do not know much about using the BIOS, so a step by step guide would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
What Lutfij was getting at is another route for dealing with your concern. Connecting the pump to a CHA_FAN header is not really ideal but it can work if you understand the small differences that makes. That recommendation amounted to forcing the CHA_FAN header NOT to exercise control of speed so the pump always runs full speed, and then telling it to ignore any speed alarm question. However, in your other threads you have already used a better solution.

Solution

thepcgamer099

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013

Thank you, I am happy with the solution I have reached. Just out of interest, are there any guides or places I could find out how to manipulate fan control like this in my BIOS. I do not know much about the BIOS and how to use it to control fans so learning more could always be useful for the future. Either way you have answered my queries so thanks a lot.

TRENDING THREADS