how can i know the megabites on my video card

i have a Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/MVP4
but i dont know the megabites on it , can some one tell me how to check this
out ? ,, thanks ... muchas gracias

Your card has no Video Memory of it's own. It allocates some of the
physical RAM on your computer to use as Video RAM. This varies according to
the make and model of computer, but is either 16 or 32 MB. It is very old
technology.

Bobby

"girgi" <girgi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/MVP4
> but i dont know the megabites on it , can some one tell me how to check
> this
> out ? ,, thanks ... muchas gracias

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:05:06 -0800, "girgi"
<girgi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have a Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/MVP4
>but i dont know the megabites on it , can some one tell me how to check this
>out ? ,, thanks ... muchas gracias

There used to be a very useful utility to check all the details of the
hardware and software inside your computer. I believe it's called
aida32
I found a link to it here:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r847.html

It should surely tell you howmuch video ram (if any) you have on that
board.

New version is called EVEREST from www.lavalys.com

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
"VernMan@my.home" <wernergr@comcast.net> wrote in message
| On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:05:06 -0800, "girgi"
| <girgi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
|
| >i have a Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/MVP4
| >but i dont know the megabites on it , can some one tell
me how to check this
| >out ? ,, thanks ... muchas gracias
|

| There used to be a very useful utility to check all the
details of the
| hardware and software inside your computer. I believe it's
called
| aida32
| I found a link to it here:
| http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r847.html
|
| It should surely tell you howmuch video ram (if any) you
have on that
| board.

bar

You can change Memory size, shared memory in BIOS. CHeck you user manual.

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> New version is called EVEREST from www.lavalys.com
>

> --
> Merry Christmas
> Have a Safe and Happy New Year
> Live Long and Prosper
> Jim Macklin
> "VernMan@my.home" <wernergr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> | On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:05:06 -0800, "girgi"
> | <girgi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> |
> | >i have a Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/MVP4
> | >but i dont know the megabites on it , can some one tell
> me how to check this
> | >out ? ,, thanks ... muchas gracias
> |

> | There used to be a very useful utility to check all the
> details of the
> | hardware and software inside your computer. I believe it's
> called
> | aida32
> | I found a link to it here:
> | http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r847.html
> |
> | It should surely tell you howmuch video ram (if any) you
> have on that
> | board.

BAR, any guide lines on what value to set this at? I.E. p4, 2.53 GHz, 2x512
MB DDR RAM.

r.

> You can change Memory size, shared memory in BIOS. CHeck you user manual.
>
> "Jim Macklin" wrote:
>
>> New version is called EVEREST from www.lavalys.com
>>

>> --
>> Merry Christmas
>> Have a Safe and Happy New Year
>> Live Long and Prosper
>> Jim Macklin
>> "VernMan@my.home" <wernergr@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> me how to check this
>> |

>> | There used to be a very useful utility to check all the
>> details of the
>> | hardware and software inside your computer. I believe it's
>> called
>> | aida32
>> | I found a link to it here:
>> | http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r847.html
>> |
>> | It should surely tell you howmuch video ram (if any) you
>> have on that
>> | board.

As the onboard gfx is not enough for any newer games and such and older
games rarely need even 32MB, that's what I'd go for, but with 1G of RAM,
64MB might be an idea....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group