[SOLVED] how can I know the tuf b450 plus gaming VRM temp

tsmyello

Commendable
Jun 5, 2020
how can I know the tuf b450 plus gaming VRM temp
I tried to use HWIFO but when I go to the motherboard section it just shows CPU temp and other things like temperature 3
temperature 4 temperature 5 temperature 6
but no VRM temperature

Solution
I tried to use HWIFO but when I go to the motherboard section it just shows CPU temp and other things like temperature 3
but no VRM temperature
If it's reporting VRM temp it's probably one of those above. It will only carry the correct label if the author had enough information about that motherboard.

What you can do is vary the load on the CPU, run something like Prime 95 or CPUz benchmark/stress test, and watch those temperature readings. Find one that ramps up after starting the CPU stress test and goes fairly high then starts dropping away as soon as you turn off the stress test. That will probably be the VRM temperature; you can...
but no VRM temperature
If it's reporting VRM temp it's probably one of those above. It will only carry the correct label if the author had enough information about that motherboard.

What you can do is vary the load on the CPU, run something like Prime 95 or CPUz benchmark/stress test, and watch those temperature readings. Find one that ramps up after starting the CPU stress test and goes fairly high then starts dropping away as soon as you turn off the stress test. That will probably be the VRM temperature; you can change the label in HWInfo if you want to.

Last edited:
Solution