• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question How can I make lenovo y400 run 2 external monitors plus laptop screen simultaneously?

Nov 21, 2019
hey guys, i want my y400 run 3 monitors at the same time. Now here's the situation:

y 400 have a hdmi out display port and a vga out display port, I link the hdmi port to a monitor(let's call it monitor1) and the VGA to another monitor(monitor2), and now I can use the laptop internal installed monitor(let's call monitor0) and monitor1 at the same time or monitor0 and monitor2 at the same time, or monitor1 and monitor2 at the same time, but never monitor0 and 1 and 2 at the same time.

From the nvidia control panel, it said y400's graphic card, gt650m, can support up to only 2 monitors. What should I do if I want to use the 3 monitors at the same time?
here I have two alternative solutions:

1. y400 has a ultrabay where I can plug in another gt650m or other graphic cards, does it make it possible to light the 3 monitors at the same time?
  2. use a usb to vga adaptor. it's also adding another graphic card to the laptop, but throught usb, not ultarbay. Does it work?
I want a reliable and cheap way to make things work.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS