[SOLVED] How can I make my pc use GPU while gaming and not CPU.

Jan 4, 2020
Task manager says my CPU is at 100% while playing games and my GPU is at 0%. I made sure my GPU is preferred in the Nvidia control panel, my drivers are updated, I went into BIOS and chose PCIE, and I made sure the graphics card is properly attached and still task manager says I am using none of GPU. I did check device managers and only my graphics card appears, the integrated graphics don't show up. Any help is welcome.

-i5-3570K 3.4 GHz
-8 GB RAM
-Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
-ASUS P8Z77-V LX

Solution
Use GPU-Z to check GPU usage,play a bit and then go to GPU load and click on show highest reading,task manager is bad at understanding what the GPU does.

You can also set up MSI afterburner to show you GPU load (and a whole lot of other things) on screen while you play,look up a tutorial for that if you want to do it.

Unless everything you play runs at 2-3 FPS there is no way that the GTX is not being used,the integrated GPU of the 3000 series is really weak.
Use GPU-Z to check GPU usage,play a bit and then go to GPU load and click on show highest reading,task manager is bad at understanding what the GPU does.

You can also set up MSI afterburner to show you GPU load (and a whole lot of other things) on screen while you play,look up a tutorial for that if you want to do it.

Unless everything you play runs at 2-3 FPS there is no way that the GTX is not being used,the integrated GPU of the 3000 series is really weak.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS