Question How can I make RGB Fusion not control my RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippolas

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
Hello all, I've scoured the net looking for answers to this but have come up empty handed thus far.

I want to have Gigabyte's RGB Fusion software to forget about the RAM and just do everything else. The problem is that I have corsair RAM and use iCue for my keyboard, mouse, and RAM but RGB Fusion always takes over eventually and starts controlling the RAM. I've found a solution that works but is kind of annoying. When the PC boots all the lights are how they should be. If I use task manager to terminate RGB Fusion then everything stays as it is and it's perfect. Closing the program the regular way causes all the lights RGB Fusion is controlling to turn off. Only using task manager to end task on the program works but I have to do this everytime the PC boots up.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. z390 Aorus master mobo and going into bios under peripherals doesn't have any options for RGB fusion.

Ralston18

Titan
I do not understand RGB Fusion "controlling" RAM... Are you able to provide some additional information and detail?

Is RGB Fusion being launched at startup? In Task Manager check the Startup tab for related apps being launched.

Overall, there may be a solution: e.g., a Powershell script that will do the end task chore for you. Just click an icon.

Key is to specifically identify the program that needs to be "end tasked". And it appears that you have already identified that program.

What is the name of the program?

Tippolas

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
When I say that RGB Fusion is controlling RAM what I mean is that the program is controlling the LEDs on the RAM instead of iCue. I would like it to not have that ability.

The program name in task manager is called "RGBFusion"

Tippolas

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I have been wondering the same thing.

* I would like to mention that I didn't know closing the program in task manager will keep the lights on vs. closing the program and losing everything! So thanks for that.

Unfortunately no. It appears there is no solution to our problem. The software doesn't play nice with other software and we just have to deal with it. I spent many hours trying to get to the bottom of it but it just seems impossible.

I'm glad that little trick helped you though! Please let me know if you find a more permanent solution.

Aug 9, 2019
Just registered to share this. In my case I install RGB Fusion 2.0 first, then I install Asus Aura (only tried v1.07.60). Asus Aura will fail to run in my case (z390 Master) with a message about Aura Service not running. Then I uninstall Asus Aura and reboot. RGB Fusion 2.0 won't even list the RAM modules so they will light up as they do from factory.

You can leave it there or you can install G.Skill software and have much more control over your RAM. You can open RGB Fusion 2.0 to make changes on your mobo's lighting and your RAM won't show in RGB Fusion, it won't mess with it. Exactly how it should have always been.

G.Skill install gave me an error but it went all the way to the end still and upon restart the software worked perfectly.

It's like Aura hijacks the memory modules from RGB Fusion but not from G.Skill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.