[SOLVED] how can i make this build better?

Solution
It appears you're looking to spend $30 on a CPU cooler. However, your current choice (60mm fan...) is worse than the Hyper 212. TBH, the past couple weeks has been a bit of a "sales drought"

Hyper 212 EVO can be had for $30 when it's on sale.
DDR4-3200 CL16 = $70 - has short heat spreaders so they don't interfere with tower coolers. Also CL16 instead of the 3600MHz/CL19 kit you had. Should be pretty equivalent.

Don't suppose you live near a Microcenter Store? They have i5-9600K = $200 and you save $30 if you buy a mobo+CPU from them.
Jul 12, 2019
Id say that looks pretty good, overclocking though, id recommend a better cooler or a liquid cooler.
Also maybe a 700w power supply, or a gold one, just to be safe with overclocking everything to the max, and if you want to upgrade things in the future, a better power supply makes things easier, but you don't have to.

Here a some things id recommend:

Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L
Corsair 650W RM650 Gold Power Supply
Noctua NH-U12S DX-3647 CPU Cooler (if you want to stick to air cooling)

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
Id say that looks pretty good, overclocking though, id recommend a better cooler or a liquid cooler.
Also maybe a 700w power supply, or a gold one, just to be safe with overclocking everything to the max, and if you want to upgrade things in the future, a better power supply makes things easier, but you don't have to.

Here a some things id recommend:

Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L
Corsair 650W RM650 Gold Power Supply
Noctua NH-U12S DX-3647 CPU Cooler (if you want to stick to air cooling)
so i found this power supply, is this one fine?
and this is the cooler i found. i would like to stick with air cooling because i know nothing about liquid cooling and it sounds like a hassle.
Silverstone Argon AR09-115XP 27.9 CFM Ball Bearing CPU Cooler
anything else you can reccomend?

It appears you're looking to spend $30 on a CPU cooler. However, your current choice (60mm fan...) is worse than the Hyper 212. TBH, the past couple weeks has been a bit of a "sales drought"

DDR4-3200 CL16 = $70 - has short heat spreaders so they don't interfere with tower coolers. Also CL16 instead of the 3600MHz/CL19 kit you had. Should be pretty equivalent.

Don't suppose you live near a Microcenter Store? They have i5-9600K = $200 and you save $30 if you buy a mobo+CPU from them.

Solution

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019

alright. ive changed some stuff. does this look better? im having trouble finding a good cooler for an affordable price because i dont want my cpu to kill it self when i overclock it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WFyQ8Y

USAFRet

Titan
alright. ive changed some stuff. does this look better? im having trouble finding a good cooler for an affordable price because i dont want my cpu to kill it self when i overclock it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WFyQ8Y
i5-9600k + overclock = you need a better CPU cooler than the Hyper 212.

It is a good budget item for a lower performance chip at stock freq and voltage.
It is not a good cooler for high performance.

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
i5-9600k + overclock = you need a better CPU cooler than the Hyper 212.

It is a good budget item for a lower performance chip at stock freq and voltage.
It is not a good cooler for high performance.
do you have any coolers that are around the same price but would work for overclocking the i5?

TRENDING THREADS