[SOLVED] How can i prevent the unistallation of a program?

jimhoxh1

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
Hello guys i have installed on my computer adguard to block adult sites,but the problem is that i can unistall it .Is there any way to prevent unistallation with a time expiration or a password??

Solution
And sooner or later that "adguard" application will get in the way of something else legitimate and then you will want to uninstall the blocking software.

Or adguard becomes corrupted in some manner likewise causing problems.

And even with adult sites blocked there will always be new ones that the block will not block.

==============

"I know of no method an admin account can do, that an admin account cannot undo. " per @USAFRet .

Seconding that.....

Basically the requirement to do what you what to do becomes giving up admin rights to your PC.

If the concern is that great about you uninstalling the software then setup a user account for yourself on your PC. An account that does not let you install or uninstall...

USAFRet

Titan
Hello guys i have installed on my computer adguard to block adult sites,but the problem is that i can unistall it .Is there any way to prevent unistallation with a time expiration or a password??
A person with admin rights can uninstall almost anything. Especially a user installed application.

Are you trying to prevent you from uninstalling, or someone else?

Ralston18

Titan
And sooner or later that "adguard" application will get in the way of something else legitimate and then you will want to uninstall the blocking software.

Or adguard becomes corrupted in some manner likewise causing problems.

And even with adult sites blocked there will always be new ones that the block will not block.

==============

"I know of no method an admin account can do, that an admin account cannot undo. " per @USAFRet .

Seconding that.....

Basically the requirement to do what you what to do becomes giving up admin rights to your PC.

If the concern is that great about you uninstalling the software then setup a user account for yourself on your PC. An account that does not let you install or uninstall software.

Then have a trusted friend or family member change the PC's admin account password, write it down, and safely store the password where you cannot easily get the password without their assistance.

Cumbersome indeed and overall problematic..... but doable to some extent I think.

Solution

popatim

Titan
^^^ Good advice from all above. Anything you can do as an admin can be undone as an admin.
If you decide to go with Ralston's advice, create another admin account before you make yours a regular users. otherwise you'll be a regular user and unable to create an admin account. LoL