How can I record screen tearing?

benwinwood6

Reputable
Nov 10, 2017
I'm having awful screen tearing issues in Fortnite, that don't happen in other games.

I have tried nearly all solution including moving to and SSD, reinstalling, using different drivers, applying different global settings etc

I am have tried at 60fps capped and unlimted, setting my screen to 144hz and 60hz,

At 60hz with unlimited fps cap, the tearing is unbelievable, REALLY bad. If i set a 60fps cap and then set my monitor to 144hz its bad but not that bad.

I want to record it show people, but every time I do it isn't present. How can i screen capture the issue?

Solution
I had that issue about 6 months ago, reinstalling drivers and the game didn't help but this did.

In Game
Turn on VSYNC and set the window mode to "WindowedFullscreen"

Nvidia control panel> manage 3d settings, then find fortnite and turning the power option of the game to prefer maximum power also turn on VSYNC

I haven't had the issue since.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I had that issue about 6 months ago, reinstalling drivers and the game didn't help but this did.

In Game
Turn on VSYNC and set the window mode to "WindowedFullscreen"

Nvidia control panel> manage 3d settings, then find fortnite and turning the power option of the game to prefer maximum power also turn on VSYNC

I haven't had the issue since.

Solution

benwinwood6

Reputable
Nov 10, 2017

I don't actually want to use V-sync because of the added input latency, I will try Windows full screen though

TRENDING THREADS