Question How can i record screen with a 64m graphics Processor?

Aug 31, 2019
I have a Dell OPtiplex 755.
the graphics its processor supports is 64 mb that can increase up to 256mb. i want to record my screen. but the pc lags in screen recording. can i increase the graphics enough so that i can record my pc screen without any stutter?

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
There are 2 types of encoding (recording on PC) hardware which uses the video card and software which relies on the CPU. Given the age of your PC either will be a bit of a struggle, from what you mention about your video it's sounds like it is onboard graphics which isn't going to work. Using the CPU may be a possibility depending on what else you are doing on the PC that you want to record and how low of a quality you are willing to go for the recording.

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
In most cases if someone wants to record an older PC they use an external capture device and second PC or just set up a video camera and record the screen of the PC.

Aug 25, 2019
Will adding another processor help? or i have to buy a whole new pc?
You dont have to buy a new pc if your eager enough to research on a processor that is much better and more powerful than what you currently have that has the same socket as your motherboard, so that you dont have to buy a new motherboard, but if you want you can just buy a new pc if the one that you currently have is too old and if you have the money to do so.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS