Question How can I recover from a recovered RAR file that is corrupted?

JAMES X

Reputable
Mar 11, 2019
Corrupted how?
What RAR file?

Obtain it from your backup
or
Get it from wherever you got it originally.
These are some videos and pictures that I compressed because I had no use for them and I do need them and it was deleted from my hard disk and I restored and it won't even open... the question is if there is a way to extract them

These are some videos and pictures that I compressed because I had no use for them and I do need them and it was deleted from my hard disk and I restored
Check size of your rar archive.
Video files do not compress very well. Compressed file size remains basically the same.

Now - how large were your video files?
If for example video file was 1 GB, but your rar file is 32kb, then obviously you can't recover anything from it.

JAMES X

Reputable
Mar 11, 2019
Check size of your rar archive.
Video files do not compress very well. Compressed file size remains basically the same.

Now - how large were your video files?
If for example video file was 1 GB, but your rar file is 32kb, then obviously you can't recover anything from it.
They are the same size I made them...for example one has 40 gigabytes and the other is about 300 megabytes

R-Studio...What's not sound good?
So I had to look this up and it sounds like it's a data recovery tool for what I presume is for hard drives that appear corrupted, broken, or otherwise unusable.

If that's the case, then the archive is likely done for. It might've been able to extract enough data to make the file system happy (that is, the name of the file, how big it was, and where it was on the storage drive), but there's no real guarantee that data actually is viable.