Question How can I reduce the refresh rate of my laptop from 144hz to 60Hz?

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
I brought the lenovo legion 5 15ARH05H ( Ryzen 7 4800H+Gtx 1660Ti+144Hz) . I keep the Nvidia Optimus aka Hybrid mode turned on to use internal Amd graphics in order to get longer battery backup. But the problem is the display always runs at 144hz which I believe discharge the battery faster. In Display settings there is only 144hz option as well as there is no custom resolution option in the Amd Radeon software. So if I use The CRU App, will it really work? Is there any way for 60Hz instead of 144Hz while using integrated/ internal graphics? any suggestions will be appreatiated
🙏

jamzkang

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
Not sure if you can access the AMD ATI settings, however on Nvidia Control Panel under "change resolution," it should get you an option to notch it down to 60hz.
Also, under manage 3d settings, for the nvidia card, keep the power management @ adaptive or optimal. Its worked for me and my laptop....I'm running a GTX 1060m w/ an i7-7700HQ.

Reactions: hakimul.islam

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Not sure if you can access the AMD ATI settings, however on Nvidia Control Panel under "change resolution," it should get you an option to notch it down to 60hz.
Also, under manage 3d settings, for the nvidia card, keep the power management @ adaptive or optimal. Its worked for me and my laptop....I'm running a GTX 1060m w/ an i7-7700HQ.
Yes, there are options to creat custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel and Refresh rate changing is also possible, but doesn't work when the hybrid aka optimus mode is turned on. cause nvidia control panel does not control Amd internal graphics. Amd Radeon Software does that. So either there have to be an option available in the windows display settings or in the Amd Radeon software. I created a 60hz resolution by CRU(customr resolution utility) and now it shows in the advanced display setting under display properties but I don't know whether it really works in laptop displays as there isn't a way to verify.

Reactions: jamzkang