[SOLVED] How can i remove micro scratches from phone screen

Maurice97

Distinguished
BANNED
May 24, 2015
i got a few scratches on my phone and i do believe it has Gorilla glass 3
the scratches aren't any deep really and nothing would catch on them but they're visible so..
will these liquid glass screen protectors get rid of those scratches? (btw i'm not a fan of tempered glass or film screen protectors)
products like Gadget Guard Black Ice Liquid Edition Screen Protector
http://

Solution
"Polishing" is just scratching up the surface with scratches that are too small to see. It "removes" visible scratches by removing enough glass that the edges of the original scratch are not as visible. I do not recommend polishing touchscreens unless you consider the device disposable, as the touch-sensitive layer usually sits just underneath the front surface. And the micro-scratches from polishing can weaken tempered glass.

A filler material can work to help hide the scratches, provided its refractive index is close to that of the glass. But I'm skeptical if the stuff you linked will work for that purpose. The fact that they call it "nanotechnology" implies it leaves a very thin layer. To hide a scratch, it needs to fill in...
You can't really get rid of scratches well, anything that would polish them or fill them won't be nearly as good as the original glass. Look things up online for products, read the reviews, see if you want to try it. I would just use a screen protector myself to prevent damage to the original screen, or to cover existing damage.

"Polishing" is just scratching up the surface with scratches that are too small to see. It "removes" visible scratches by removing enough glass that the edges of the original scratch are not as visible. I do not recommend polishing touchscreens unless you consider the device disposable, as the touch-sensitive layer usually sits just underneath the front surface. And the micro-scratches from polishing can weaken tempered glass.

A filler material can work to help hide the scratches, provided its refractive index is close to that of the glass. But I'm skeptical if the stuff you linked will work for that purpose. The fact that they call it "nanotechnology" implies it leaves a very thin layer. To hide a scratch, it needs to fill in the scratch.

The fluid from an auto windshield chip repair kit would probably work, but those are permanent and you may end up with permanent streaks or waviness where you applied it. I'd only try it as a last resort, as an alternative to paying to have the screen replaced. They cure with UV light, so you can try applying it, then wiping off as much as you can without wiping so much off that you can see the scratches again. Then place the phone in sunlight (or under a UV lamp if you've got one) to allow it to cure.

The best defense is a plastic or glass screen protector.

Solution

Maurice97

Distinguished
BANNED
May 24, 2015
First of all thanks for the answers!
here's the thing, I bought a used Razer phone for a good price and it works nicely but it has small scratches on the screen
If I was the first owner I would've added a screen protector right away after unboxing it but yeah...