[SOLVED] How can i remove stickiness from my pc mouse

Solution
If you're the one with a mouse that was cleaned with hand sanitizer, I'd suggest you just use pure hot water on a rag, but make sure the rag it is only damp, not wet. Do it with the mouse disconnected.

Antoher option could be to wipe the mouse with some isopropylalcohol while the mouse is disconnected.

Isopropylalcohol evaporates quickly and is efficient against something that contain a small amount of oily substance, such as some hand sanitizers

Since it evaporates very quickly, you don't encounter the same risk of shorting something out, in the same way water possibly could, additionally only a small amount is needed

Before you use the isopropylalcohol, you should try and wipe the mouse in an area which is not visible...
If you're the one with a mouse that was cleaned with hand sanitizer, I'd suggest you just use pure hot water on a rag, but make sure the rag it is only damp, not wet. Do it with the mouse disconnected.

Antoher option could be to wipe the mouse with some isopropylalcohol while the mouse is disconnected.

Isopropylalcohol evaporates quickly and is efficient against something that contain a small amount of oily substance, such as some hand sanitizers

Since it evaporates very quickly, you don't encounter the same risk of shorting something out, in the same way water possibly could, additionally only a small amount is needed

Before you use the isopropylalcohol, you should try and wipe the mouse in an area which is not visible, such as the bottom of the mouse, just to make sure the plastic isn't damaged by the isopropylalcohol

I have tried both options on my own mouse with good results. But be careful and make sure you don't cause additional damage, what works on my mouse, might not be ideal for your specific mouse

Last edited:
Solution