[SOLVED] How can I resolve "destination folder access denied"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2021
Hello, so I've been trying to access an application but the 0x000007b error is showing up. From what I've found I need to copy a bunch of .dll files to Sys32 and Sys64WOW, but "xinput9_1_0" is the only one that can't be copied. Now I've been searching and finally accessed the ADMIN account(well I hope so), but unfortunately, the same thing happened where the access is denied. What can I do?

Solution
Normally admin user has read/write access to everything as is my understanding.
Incorrect. There are special system accounts with greater access than Administrator (System & TrustedInstaller just to name 2)

You should be able to right click on the folder, and then browse to "properties" and then "security" tab. This should show the permissions for each user account for that folder.

If you need to change it, click on the user, and then click Edit, then you went to select that user account in the new window that pops up, and then further down tick the box that has "Full Control". Before clicking on "Apply" and then "Ok".

Try it again after that.

Just be very careful in the system32 folder, the files in there are key to...
u can put those dlls in folder with your app executable, it will use them
as for system folder libraries (dll)...if that file is already there and u can replace it with admin account, then file is used by system

as far as your error code goes, which app is it?

May 26, 2021
Hello, so I've been trying to access an application but the 0x000007b error is showing up. From what I've found I need to copy a bunch of .dll files to Sys32 and Sys64WOW, but "xinput9_1_0" is the only one that can't be copied. Now I've been searching and finally accessed the ADMIN account(well I hope so), but unfortunately, the same thing happened where the access is denied. What can I do?

You should be able to right click on the folder, and then browse to "properties" and then "security" tab. This should show the permissions for each user account for that folder.

If you need to change it, click on the user, and then click Edit, then you went to select that user account in the new window that pops up, and then further down tick the box that has "Full Control". Before clicking on "Apply" and then "Ok".

Try it again after that.

Just be very careful in the system32 folder, the files in there are key to the windows installation, and editing or deleting any files will likely cause either your installation of Windows to stop working, OS instabilities or software issues for other applications.

Incorrect. There are special system accounts with greater access than Administrator (System & TrustedInstaller just to name 2)

Try it again after that.

Just be very careful in the system32 folder, the files in there are key to the windows installation, and editing or deleting any files will likely cause either your installation of Windows to stop working, OS instabilities or software issues for other applications.
Do not go mucking around with permissions unless you have a recent ,fully tested backup and fully understand the ramifications of a mistake. All it takes in one slip and you lose all access to your system.

Reactions: WS1995
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.