Question How can I resolve this Monitor flickering issue?

Adi398

Commendable
Sep 5, 2020
Hi,

Recently I got a problem with my moitor. I got a weird flicker on a half of the display and it doesn't disappear ( you can see in the picture below). The monitor is not cracked or dropped, It was on standby for a few weeks and then this happend.

6DVQTRH.jpg

I tried different solutions for this situation and it was for nothing. I reinstalled the drivers for the monitor and video card multiple times (i took some screenshots and the whole display is visible in the picture, so the video card is not the problem here). I tried different cables (displayport and hdmi), different settings and it didn't work. Basically, the only thing that did something was to change the refresh rate, but then the entire screen was like that, not just half (so it was even worse)

If someone knows anything about this issue pleasure give me a message. It would be much appreciatted.

Have a great day!

P.S. : the monitor model is a Samsung C24FG70FQUXEN 144hz.

Lutfij

Titan
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Looks like the GPU's dead/dying. How old is the PSU? Have you tried taking the display and connecting it to a laptop or a donor system to rule out your output's and also using different cables(to rule out a damaged cable)?

Adi398

Commendable
Sep 5, 2020
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Looks like the GPU's dead/dying. How old is the PSU? Have you tried taking the display and connecting it to a laptop or a donor system to rule out your output's and also using different cables(to rule out a damaged cable)?

CPU: Ryzen 1600
Motherboard: Asus A320M-A
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 gb 3000 mhz
SSD/HDD: sandisk 240 gb SATA III SSD/ 1 tb WD HDD
GPU: Asus Aorus GTX 1060 6gb
PSU:Seasonic S-12II 520 W

I don't think there is a problem at the GPU. I ran some tests and everything seems alright. My pc works with other monitors with no problems at all. Also I connected a laptop at the monitor and there is the same problem. I tried different cables and no luck.
The only thing that did somenthing was to change the frame rate, but it was even worse (the whole screen was flickering).

TRENDING THREADS